Every mother wants her baby to eat healthy and stay healthy. But introducing new foods to your baby can be daunting. We give you some food-ideas for your 10 month old-
- It is always best to introduce one new food item at a time. You should not start with foods that have very strong flavour. One new fruit or vegetable at a time is the correct way for starters.
- Try corn, peas, potatoes and carrots. Boil and mash them and give to your little one.
- You can mix puréed spinach or broccoli to oat based cereals.
- You could try making gajar (carrot) kheer. Puree it in a blender and feed it to your baby. This will ensure some fibre intake.
- Try pumpkin soup. Pressure cook it with carrots, onions and tomatoes. Purée the Vegetables after cooking and you can add a dash of tomato ketchup to enhance the taste.
- It is also a good idea that you give such things to baby which taste closer to milk. You can try flavoured curds and powered milk with some juice into it.
- Give your baby some simple cerelac, apple or rice. These are child friendly. Once the baby develops taste for these, start to mix fruit juice instead of water.
- Instead of giving normal sugar and salt, give mishri and sendha namak (rock salt) which are better for babies who are trying new flavours. Every food has some natural salt and sugar so it is a good idea to avoid or add very little of these to your baby’s food.
- Try khichdi with carrots, beans and tomato. Try giving them a long piece of carrot with the skin removed and let them suck on it. It’s great for teething plus they will slowly develop a taste for it.
- As the change in flavour is a new phenomenon for kids, give them some time to get accustomed to the new taste. Patience is the key here.
You might also enjoy reading these-