3 Quick Lunch Box Ideas For Toddlers/Kids
Like all moms I to try to make my daughter eat healthy things but unfortunately most of the time it goes waste but now that she has started school it has brought back the cook in me.
I try to mix and match food so that she gets used to of the variety.There has not been even a single day when whole lunch box was finished by her, but even if a section of the lunch box is eaten by her I consider myself lucky :-p
Below are few of the lunch box ideas which I have made and managed to click pictures. I hope few moms will get some ideas out of it
Lunch Box Ideas 1
1) Brown bread with cheese slice. I cut out the corners of the brown bread
2) Boiled chick peas which I keep mostly in my fridge.I just toss some chopped onion and tomatoes and add salt, black pepper and bit of lemon juice.
3) Some sliced tomatoes.
Lunch Box Idea 2 – Besan Cheela
1) I make small cheelas so that she can hold them there. One can experiment in many ways in cheela as per your child’s liking. You can add grated cauliflower, carrots, Indian cheese(paneer) in the gram flour (besan). Mix it with water and make pan cake consistency. Add salt and black pepper.You can add chopped coriander as well to increase veggie content.
Put the non-stick pan on the stove and heat a tea spoon of oil on it to make the pan greasy. Now wipe the greased pan with a clean cloth.
Lower down the flame to medium and pour in 1/2 tsp of batter and make small round pan cakes. Now pour a drop of oil at the corners of the cheela and flip it. Cheela is ready when cooked from both the sides
2) Cut slices of banana and pour some chocolate syrup into it.
3) 1 Cheese slice
Lunch Box Idea 3 Rice And Hummus
1)Peas and potato rice – I think I don’t need to tell its recipe.Those who don’t know can check out here and have their own version of it
2)Pita bread – Goes well with Hummus
3) Hummus Recipe
Hummus Recipe Ingredients:-
You will need
- 50 grams boiled chickpeas
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons olive oil +
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water
- Pinch of Black pepper
- Sesame seeds to garnish
Method And Preparation – Hummus Recipe
- Take lemon juice and olive oil salt in the jar of a blender. Blend these together.
- Add half of the chickpeas to the contents of jar and blend again.
- Add remaining chickpeas and blend for 1-2 minutes to make a smooth paste.
- Adjust the consistency of the hummus by adding a little water and blend.
- Take the prepared hummus out in a bowl. Garnish with olive oil, sesame seeds and red chilli powder.
- Hummus can be stored in refrigerator for a week.
Recipe source –
Don’t forget to share your lunch box ideas if you like cooking for your baby too
More kids recipes here
P.S – We are having a weight loss programme conducted on Wise She.Do join if interested.Details here
You might like reading these also:-
The following two tabs change content below.
Owner of WiseShe and BabyBlog. Makeupoholic by heart, and a mother of 1 yr old angel who loves to cook n care for her baby and share her motherhood experiences online.
Latest posts by Anamika (see all)
- Almond Milk Recipe For Babies/Toddlers And Kids – April 28, 2014
- 2 Rice Balls Recipe – Kids Lunch Box Ideas – April 25, 2014
- 3 Quick Lunch Box Ideas For Toddlers/Kids – April 22, 2014