Carrots are the best of all vegetables because they go well with any kind of recipes. They mix seamlessly with anything added along. And the taste always turns out to be delicious, for babies and mothers too.
Carrots should be introduced without fail in baby’s diet for they are rich in Vitamin A. Be it soups, milk shake, porridge, as a boiled finger food, or simply smashed and salted; there are many ways you can give carrots to your baby.
Here are few of the carrot recipes covered so far.
Carrot & Dal Soup For Babies
Lentils is one of the main and easy sources of protein and fiber for vegetarians. It’s a very simple recipe and one can experiment with many veggies and taste of the lentil soup won’t change too.Read whole recipe here
Apple & Carrot Soup for Babies
Season of soups is coming up now and I have started introducing soups to my daughter. There is some comfort which winter brings which makes these soups ideal for babies. Apple and carrot soup is quite a popular soup recipes among mommies as it’s rich in vitamin A and i quite fulfilling as well. It might not look that tempting but kids like the taste of it. If Anvika finishes this soup, ignoring all her crazy toddler activities , then she is satisfied for long hours.
Recipe of the soup is pretty simple and here are the main ingredients :-
1/2 onion chopped
1/2 peeled and chopped apple
1/2 cup diced carrot
Salt and pepper as per taste
1tsp oil/ghee of your choice
Read whole recipe here
Poppy-Seeds & Carrot Dessert for Babies
Carrot is considered to be an important vegetable in baby’s food. The numerous health benefits carrotgives when consumed can just not be side lined..
For each baby taste differs. Some babies like and some don’t. When babies don’t like the healthiest food, it becomes our responsibility to make sure it is made like able. Thus comes the art of altering the original taste. Here is a sweet porridge prepared from carrot and poppy seeds.
Poppy seeds are also a rich source of calcium. A couple of spoon of poppy seeds is equivalent to a whole glass of milk.Read whole recipe here
Carrot & Onion Soup for Babies
- One medium sized carrot peeled and chopped into small coins.
- Pinch of ground cinnamon.
- Quarter spoon cumin seeds.
- Small piece of bay leaf.
- Half onion chopped into pieces.
- 2 garlic crushed.
- 4-5 black pepper corns.
- Butter for sauting.
.Read whole recipe here
Carrot & Cream Cheese Soup for Babies
- 1 cup chopped vegetable of your (or your baby’s) choice (veggies that go well with this recipe:carrots, peas, broccoli, potatoes, spinach, cauliflower, green beans, and sweet corn)
- 1 tsp butter (preferably, unsalted)
- 1 tbsp softened cream cheese or any other cheese that would melt easily (you can use shredded cheese also)
- Milk or water based on your preference and quantity depending on the consistency you want (A tip: If your baby’s dairy consumption is low, it is a good idea to use whole milk. If you are satisfied with the milk intake otherwise, but worried about veggies, then use water because water makes a lighter soup and your baby will end up having more of it)
- Salt according to taste (The cheese and butter give a natural salty flavor to the soup, so you might want to avoid salt all together. I do not use salt at all.)
- Black pepper according to taste (Again, this is optional.)
Read whole recipe here
Do you have more carrot recipes to share?
You might also like reading these:-