5 Bread Recipes For Toddlers And Kids
Kids love breads!
The fuzziest of kids easily have bread recipes and take away the headache of making your kid or toddler eat food. But simply serving bread the regular way may not be of much help and for such a dilemma we have a solution for you.
Today I shall share 5 Bread’s recipes for toddlers and kids that will help you surprise your kid with a new bread recipe each day. Read on.
Paneer Bread Rolls
Paneer or Cottage Cheese is one ingredient that most kids love and when combined with bread, it can become all the more favorite of your kid.
- Paneer/ Cottage Cheese – 1 cup
- Potato – 1 (Boiled, Required only for binding)
- Bread – 3 slices
- Onion – 1 finely chopped
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
- Tomato Sauce – 1 tbsp
- Rava/Sooji/ Semolina Flour – 1/2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chili powder – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste.
- Oil as required for frying.
- Crumble the paneer. Ensure that the paneer is well crumbled; now knead paneer for 5 minutes or till it is well combined and is more like a paneer dough. Now add the boiled potato to the paneer and mix again. Add salt to taste and keep aside.
- Cut the edges of the bread slices, dip it in water, don’t over dip the bread squeeze out the extra water. The idea here is to just make the breads wet not soaked in water.
Add the bread slices to crumbled paneer. Add onion, coriander leaves, sooji, turmeric powder, chili powder and make a smooth dough.
- Now make small lemon sized balls of the prepared dough and deep fry them.
- Serve hot with tomato or any dip.
Capsicum Corn Sandwich
This recipe is very perfect for breakfast or for the times when you just are running out of time want to prepare a quick food.
- Sweet corn- 3/4 cup (Boiled)
- Red/ Yellow Capsicum – 1 (Finely Chopped )
- Green Capsicum- ½ (Finely Chopped)
- Cheese spread – 2 tbsp
- Black Pepper Powder To Taste
- Salt To Taste
- Ghee/Butter (for toasting)
- Take a bowl and mix corn kernels, capsicum, salt, black pepper powder and cheese. You can also add onions if desired.
- Now take two bread slices and fill the prepared mixture between the two breads and apply butter on the outer sides of the bread. Now toast the sandwich in a sandwich maker. Repeat for the remaining bread slices. This mixture will make up to three to four sandwiches.
- Serve hot with ketchup.
Sweet French Toast
- Bread – 4 slices
- Milk – 1/4 cup
- Custard Powder – 1/2 to 1 tbsp (Corn flour is a good alternative, if you use corn flour then use one drop of vanilla essence too.)
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Ghee / Butter as required to toast
- Boil milk and switch off the stove once it is boiled. Now add custard powder and sugar. Stir well until custard powder and sugar are completely dissolved.
- Heat a non stick skillet. Dip the breads from both the sides in the prepared milk mixture, be quick at this step, just a minute second is required for each side. Now apply ghee/butter on the heated skillet and toast the dipped bread slices. Flip over once it is golden brown. You might need to add more ghee in case you find it a little sticky.
- Serve warm with any topping.
Bread Cup Pizza
- Bread- 4 slices
- Butter – 2 teaspoons
- Capsicum – Half a cup (Finely Chopped)
- Onion – Half a cup (Finely Chopped)
- Pizza sauce – 2 tablespoons
- Mozzarella Cheese – 2 Tablespoons (Grated)
- Tomato Ketchup
- Cut the bread slices in circles. Now flatten the breads using a chapatti roller. Use only light hand pressure to flatten the breads.
- Apply butter on both sides on the breads and spread pizza spread on the slices and gently fit in a greased muffin pan, you can alternatively used butter paper and skip greasing the pan.
- Add capsicum, onion in the bread muffins and top it with grated cheese.
- Preheat the oven at 190 degree celsius and bake the bread muffins for 10-12 minutes or until bread turns slightly golden brown from the corners.
- Serve hot bread pizza cups with ketchup.
- You can add more in the filling like paneer, olives or whatever you want.
Masala Bread Upma
- Bread – 4 slices (cut into small squares)
- Onions – 1 (chopped lengthwise)
- Ginger-Garlic Paste – 1 teaspoon
- Tomato – 1 (Finely Chopped)
- Tomato sauce – 1 tablespoon (optional)
- Red Chili powder – 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Pepper powder – 1/2 teaspoon (optional)
- Coriander leaves – 2 teaspoon for garnish
- Oil – 2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Few Curry Leaves
- Heat oil in a pan and add all the tempering ingredients, temper for a minute. Add onions and ginger- garlic paste. Sauté till the onion turns slightly brown.
- Add Tomatoes, sauté till they turn mushy. Now add all the ingredients apart from bread squares & coriander and fry them for a minute.
- Sprinkle some water and allow it to cook for another 2-3 minutes. Add bread squares and mix well. Switch off the stove and add coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with ketchup.
These were some yummy bread recipes for you to try. I hope you have a good time trying these.