5 Cheesy Food Ideas For Toddlers
Mommies are always seen struggling for serving healthy food to their kids, but the kids fall more for the junk foods and keep finding ways to avoid veggies and nutritious food. Out of all the food choices of toddlers, there is one popular food called as CHEESE.
Kids love cheese and mommies you can be happy for this choice. Cheese is filled with nutrition and if cooked in a healthy recipe this can prove to be a very nutritious food.
Toss out the junk food and start making some cheese filled cheesy snacks for your toddlers.
Today I shall share 5 yummy Cheesy food ideas for toddlers. Come have a look:
Macaroni Cheese with Hidden Veggie Sauce
This is perfect for the fussiest of toddlers, hiding nutritious cauliflower or broccoli in cheesy creamy sauce is a brilliant idea.
- 2 heaped tablespoons butter
- 2 heaped tablespoons plain flour
- 500 ml milk
- 100-200g grated cheddar cheese
- Half a head of cauliflower (approx two handfuls of cauliflower florets)
- A quarter of a head of broccoli (approx one handful of broccoli florets)
- 50 gm of boiled pasta or macaroni.
- Salt and pepper as per taste.
- You could also add some chopped chicken, bacon or other veggies like tomatoes.
- The sauce freezes and reheats perfectly for next use, so extra sauce can be refrigerated.
Cheesy Cauliflower Boats
This is quite a unique idea to serve nutritious cauliflower to toddlers.
- Cheesy White Sauce (you can refer the first recipe for the cheesy sauce recipe).
- 4 Blanched and baked Potatoes.
- 2 cups chopped Cauliflower florets, steamed.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Sliced Carrots (optional)
Quesadillas are easy to make and are a nutritional punch.
- 2 large tortillas, any variety
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (you can use any cheese).
- Some chopped veggies.
- Butter or Margarine
Tip: Any proteins you add to the quesadilla should be fully cooked before you add it in the quesadilla.
These are very easy to make for lunch and are toddlers’ favorites.
- Puff pastry dough
- Grated cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Some Finely Chopped and grated veggies like cabbage, carrots.
- 100 gm mature grated cheddar cheese
- 100 gm plain flour
- 100 gm soft butter
So these were some yummy cheesy food recipes for toddlers. I hope you try these out soon. Do not forget to tell us how you like these.