5 Easy Rice Recipes For Kids
Most kids like to eat rice. It gives them energy and also satisfies hunger quickly. Previously we showed you 5 Ways To Give Rice To Your Toddler and also suggested use of leftover rice in rice-balls recipe. You can try many more rice recipes to suit your kid’s taste. Here are some Easy Rice Recipes For Kids-
Fried Rice with Kidney Beans
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped spring onions
- 2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced capsicum
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp fresh yogurt
- 3/4 cup boiled kidney beans
- 3 cups cooked rice
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander for garnishing
- Heat oil in a pan and saute the spring onions for 1 minute.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and saute for a few seconds.
- Then add in turmeric, chilli powder, yogurt, capsicum and tomatoes and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Finally add rice , kidney beans and salt. Stir and mix. Cook for a minute.
- Rice recipe is ready and serve after garnishing with coriander leaves.
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 6-8 curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 large onion sliced thinly
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- 1 cup French beans
- 1 1/2 cup Basmati rice
- 400 ml coconut milk
- Salt to taste
- 400 ml hot water
- Heat the ghee in a wok.
- Add mustard seeds curry leaves and onions. Cook till onions turn soft.
- Add ginger and beans. Cook for a minute. Add in rice and mix well.
- Then add coconut milk, water and salt.
- Cook on medium flame. When the mixture comes to boil, let it boil for 2 minutes and then lower the flame.
- Cover and cook till the rice is done.
- Serve with any curry of your kid’s choice.
Rice Pudding (Kheer)
- 200 g uncooked white rice
- 1.4 Litre hot milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 100 g sugar
- 75 g sultanas
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Take all the ingredients except vanilla extract in a thick bottomed pan or double boiler
- Simmer for an hour and keep stirring occasionally.
- Turn the flame off, when the pudding is thick and add in vanilla extract.
Rice and Chicken Soup
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 onion, cut into thin slices
- Ground Pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, cut into cubes
- 1 cup cooked rice
- Take the broth in a pan and put it on heat.
- Add in onion, carrots and celery. Simmer for 15 minutes and add pepper.
- Then add chicken pieces and rice. Simmer for 5 minutes and soup is ready.
Fried Rice with Eggs
- 275 g uncooked rice
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 500 g broccoli florets
- 3 spring onions, diced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Cook the rice and keep aside.
- Scramble the eggs and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute broccoli in it.
- Add spring onion when broccoli turns crisp. Saute for a minute.
- Stir in rice, scrambled eggs, soy sauce, salt and pepper.