5 Fun And Healthy Dinner Ideas For Kids
Serving food to the picky eaters is never an easy thing to do. Moms look for nutrition and kids look for taste and appeal. If you desire to make serving foods easy for your kids, you should try and incorporate new recipes which are tasty, nutrition packed and look good, which is actually a fun eating for kids.
We here have shared a lot of recipes for the picky eaters and today I am here to share few more recipes which are fun and healthy.
Have a look.
Macaroni And Cheese Muffins
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, and a little extra butter for greasing
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour, and a little extra for dusting
- 500 gm elbow macaroni
- 5 cups whole milk
- 750 gm Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
Things that you will need for toppings:
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease 12-cup muffin pan with butter and dust with all purpose flour, tapping out the excess.
- Take a saucepan and fill three fourth of it with salted water and bring the water to boil over high heat. Now add in macaroni, stir and allow to cook. Cook until the macaroni turns a bit tender, this will take around 6-7 minutes.
- Drain and reserve 1 cup of the water. Set aside the macaroni.
- Take a heavy bottomed saucepan and melt butter in it over medium-low heat. Add in flour and cook stirring continuously till the time the flour just begins to darken.
- Now whisking constantly, slowly add milk, raise the heat and bring the sauce to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, till the time sauce begins to thicken.
- Add in the cheeses, salt and pepper to the sauce and stir to make the sauce smooth.
- Remove from the heat. Add macaroni and give a mix so as to coat all the macaroni. Cover with a lid to keep warm.
- Now to make the topping, in a small bowl stir together the butter, bread crumbs and parmesan cheese until well mixed.
- Fill the prepared muffin cups to the rim with the macaroni mixture. Sprinkle the muffins with the topping.
- Bake until the tops are golden brown and the sauce is bubbling, this will take around 15–20 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely in the pan, refrigerate the muffins, still in the pan, for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours so that they hold their shape.
- Unmold the muffins using a small, sharp knife.
- Re-warm in a 350°F (180°C) oven for about 5 minutes.
Cheesy Spinach Squares
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup (8 fl oz/250 ml) whole milk
- 1 cup (5 oz/155 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 lb (500 g) Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 lb (500 g) chopped frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/4 cup (1 oz/30 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Line a 9-by-13-inch (23-by-33-cm) rimmed baking sheet or baking dish with parchment paper and pour the melted butter into the prepared pan and spread to coat evenly.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs until well blended. Whisk in the milk, flour, baking powder and salt. Add the Cheddar and spinach and stir until combined.
- Pour the spinach mixture into the prepared pan and spread in an even layer.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake until the top is lightly browned and the juices are bubbling, this will take around 20-30 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool until just warm to the touch.
- Cut into 2-inch (5-cm) squares and serve.
- 8gm Instant dry yeast
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1tsp caster sugar
- ¾ cup warm water
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 ½tbsp olive oil
- 200 gm brown mushrooms
- 100 gm cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 small bunch rocket leaves or arugula leaves
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2tsp sea salt flakes
- Combine yeast, salt, sugar and yeast in a jug and pour in warm water. Cover with a plastic wrap and set aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Sift flour in a large mixing bowl. Add yeast and oil. Mix to form a dough.
- Knead dough on a slightly surfaced floor for around 8 minutes, until it is smooth and elastic. Cover with a plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place until the dough doubles.
- Preheat oven at 220 degree Celsius.
- Grease a large baking tray.
- Again quickly knead the dough and divide it into four parts. Make balls of all the four parts. Roll out each ball nearing 9 inches in diameter.
- Arrange mushrooms, cheese and rocket leaves over half part of the rolled dough and brush the edges of the dough with water and fold the other half circle of the dough. Press the edges together to seal.
- Place calzones on greased tray. Brush tops with eggs, sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- 500 gm mixed vegetables
- 1/3 cup self rising flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup of grated cheese
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- Place mixed vegetables in a large, shallow, microwave-safe dish with some water.
- Cover it with a plastic wrap and microwave on high (100%) for 2 minutes.
- Drain and transfer to a platelined with paper towel.
- Combine vegetables, flour and egg in a large bowl. Now stir in cheese.
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add 1/3 cup vegetable mixture to pan. Repeat to make 4 more fritters. Cook for 4 minutes from each side or until it turns golden and is cooked thoroughly.
- Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Repeat with remaining oil and vegetable mixture.
- ½ cup Basmati Rice
- 1 Big Onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
- ½ cup Mixed Vegetables
- 3 cups water
- ¼ tsp Roasted Jeera Powder
- ¼ tsp Garam Masala Powder
- Fistful Mint Leaves
- Fistful Coriander Leaves for garnishing
- 1 tsp + 1tsp Ghee
- 10 Cashews
- 1/4 inch piece Cinnamon
- 2 Cloves
- 1 Cardamom
- ½ tsp Pepper Corns
- 1 Bay Leaf
- ½ tbsp Oil
- ½ tsp Jeera
- Salt to taste
- Soak basmati rice for around 15mins. Cook rice along with bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon and cardamom.
- Once the rice is cooked, strain the excess water and then spread it on a plate and fluff it up with a fork and allow it to cool down.
- Take all the veggies and steam cook them for 8-10mins or until the veggies are slightly soft. Set the veggies aside.
- In a nonstick pan – heat oil add jeera, let it splutter and then add ginger garlic paste, onion and fry for a minute then add roasted jeera powder & garam masala powder. Add salt to taste and sauté.
- In a small frying pan, fry the cashews in ghee till they turn golden brown and set aside.
- Add the veggies to onions and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Now add the cooked rice. Mix it and cover with lid for around two minutes.
- Stir it and garnish with coriander and mint leaves. Now add ghee and fried cashews, mix.
These were some yummy and healthy recipes which you must try for your kids. Try these out and let us know how your kids dig in dinner.