5 Healthy Dinner Recipes For Toddlers
Dinner is a really important food of the day for kids. You can pay your full attention to toddlers this time and make them eat well. Try some healthy recipes for dinner time that are kid friendly too.
Here are 5 Healthy Dinner Recipes For Toddlers-
Chicken Fingers with Almonds
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 egg whites
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set a wire rack on the baking sheet and coat it with a little vegetable oil.
- Take almonds, flour, paprika, garlic powder, dry mustard, salt and pepper in a blender. Blend till everything is mixed well.
- Transfer the almond-mixture to a shallow dish.
- Whisk egg whites in a bowl and coat chicken tenders with it.
- Then coat the chicken tenders with almond mixture.
- Place the coated chicken pieces on the prepared wire rack. Drizzle a little oil.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Oatmeal and Ragi Dosa
- 1/2 cup ragi flour
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup semolina
- 2-1/2 cups water
- Some grated ginger
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Oil for cooking
- Take semolina, flour and salt in a bowl. Add in 2 cups of water to make thick batter. Leave it for 10 minutes.
- Add in all the other ingredients except oil. Adjust the consistency of the batter with water. It should not be very thick.
- Heat a pan and pour some batter on it in centre. Spread to even it out. Drizzle some oil on the sides of dosa.
- Cook it on medium flame. Flip it over after 2 minutes and cook for another minute.
- When the dosa turns brown on both sides, remove it from flame.
- Serve with potatoes or other vegetables.
Chicken with Potatoes
- 1 1/2 pound potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 8 small chicken thighs
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 onion, cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Boil potatoes in salted water till they turn soft. Strain the water and keep 1/2 cup of it.
- Mash the potatoes and add in sour cream and pepper.
- In another bowl, mix chicken, onion, garlic, thyme, oil, salt and pepper.
- Heat a skillet and place chicken pieces on it. Spoon the onion garlic mixture on chicken pieces and place the rest of the mixture on the skillet.
- Cook for 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Serve the cooked chicken with mashed potatoes.
- 4 medium potatoes, microwaved
- 1 1/2 cup broccoli florets, finely chopped and boiled
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- Cut the top 1/3rd portion of potatoes. Scoop out some of the potato-flesh to make potato shells.
- Arrange the potato shells on a lined baking dish. Spoon cheddar cheese, sour cream, salt and pepper inside each shell.
- Take the potato-flesh and mash it. Add in spring onions and broccoli. and mix.
- Place this broccoli-potato mixture inside potato shells. Top with some cheddar cheese. Microwave on high till cheese melts. It will take 2-4 minutes.
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 6-8 curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 large onion sliced thinly
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- 1 cup French beans
- 1 1/2 cup Basmati rice
- 400 ml coconut milk
- Salt to taste
- 400 ml hot water
- Heat the ghee in a wok.
- Add mustard seeds curry leaves and onions. Cook till onions turn soft.
- Add ginger and beans. Cook for a minute. Add in rice and mix well.
- Then add coconut milk, water and salt.
- Cook on medium flame. When the mixture comes to boil, let it boil for 2 minutes and then lower the flame.
- Cover and cook till the rice is done.
- Serve with this any curry of your kid’s choice.