5 Pasta Recipes For Kids
Though originally Italian, pasta is loved universally. There are two many types of pastas available in the market and you can choose what you like. Pastas are easy to cook and kids never say no it. You can make pasta nutritious by adding cheese and various vegetables to it. Here are 5 easy and kid-friendly pasta recipes-
Baked Spaghetti with Tomato Sauce
1 1/2 cups cooked spaghetti
2 onions (chopped)
1 capsicum (sliced into rings)
1 kg tomatoes
3 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp chili powder
4 tbsp tomato ketchup
2 tbsp oil
100 gm fresh cream
100 gm grated cooking cheese
salt to taste
- Cut tomatoes into big pieces and them to 1 cup boiling water.
- Blend and strain when they turn soft. Tomato sauce is done.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute onion and capsicum for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the tomato sauce, sugar, salt and chili powder. Boil for 10 minutes.
- Then add in the spaghetti, cream and tomato ketchup and cook for 2 minutes.
- Preaheat the oven at 400 F
- Grease a baking dish with butter and put the spaghetti mixture in it. Sprinkle grated cheese on it.
- Bake for 25 minutes and serve.
Pasta with Chicken
250 gm pasta, boiled in salted water
4 chicken breasts, cooked and cut into bite sized pieces
2 tbsp oil
Mixed vegetables of you choice, stir-fried
2 stalks green onion, chopped
2 tbsp soy sauce
3 tbsp sesame oil
- Heat oil in a pan and stir fry the chicken until it turns brown. take them out and add in the cooked pasta.
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in the same pan and saute the green onions.
- Add the fried veggies and saute till they turn tender and crispy.
- Add these vegetables to the pasta.
- In a bowl, mix soy sauce and sesame oil and pour the mixture over the pasta. Give a good stir.
- Serve to your kid.
Pasta with Parmesan Cheese
1/2 cup Pasta, cooked
1 tbsp. tomato puree
1 tbsp. + 1 tsp. Parmesan Cheese
2 tbsp. Sour Cream
1/4 tsp. each black pepper powder and Italian seasoning
Salt to taste
- Blanch the tomatoes, peel off the skin and puree them.
- Add the puree to a pan and cook till the raw smell goes off.
- Add Italian seasoning and fry for a minute.
- Add in the pasta and mix well.
- Toss in the parmesan, mix well and add a tablespoon of water.
- Add sour cream and salt, mix well.
- Take out the pasta in a serving dish, sprinkle pepper and serve.
Quick Pasta with Corn
450 gm Pasta, cooked
300 gm sweet corn
100 gm cooked black beans
1 onion, diced
1 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
1 tomato, diced
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
Salt to taste
- Mix together all the ingredients and adjust the amount of olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- The quick and kid friendly pasta is ready.
3 cups fettuccine, cooked
For The Sauce
1/2 cup onions, sliced
1/2 cup celery, sliced
2 tsp all purpose flour
2 cups milk
1/4 cup cream
1/2 cup grated cooking cheese
1/4 cup chopped almonds, toasted
3/4 tsp mustard
3 tbsp butter
salt and pepper to taste
- Heat butter in a pan. Saute onion and celery in it for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the flour, mix well and cook for a minute.
- Add the milk gradually while stirring simultaneously to prevent lumps.
- Add cheese, almonds, cream, pepper and salt. Mix well and let the mixture simmer for 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Sauce is ready. Add the pasta to it, mix well and serve.
How do you cook pasta for your kids?
You might also like to read