Spinach Recipes With Cheese For Toddlers & Kids
Mommies love spinach because of its multiple health benefiting properties and high nutritional compositions, but kids are more interested in a tasty dish and health concerns take a back seat in such a case. Kids usually ignore veggies but will always pick those thick burgers and slim pizzas, ever wondered why do they always dig in for pizzas and burgers, the one common thing in Cheese.
Cheese is one protein rich ingredient that almost every kid loves. How about pairing Spinach and Cheese together to make a healthy yet tempting dish? This definitely is a great thing to do.
Today I shall share five yummy Cheesy-Spinach recipes for kids & toddlers. Read on.
- One 24- or 26-ounce jar pasta sauce
- One 18-20-ounce refrigerated large cheese ravioli
- One 10-ounce box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and excess water squeezed dry
- One 8-ounce bag shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated Parmesan
Creamed Spinach Gratin
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for the dish
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 5 small onions, thinly sliced crosswise
- 5 10-ounce boxes frozen spinach, thawed or fresh ones, whichever you can get.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup grated Swiss cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt or as per taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Heat oven to 375° F.
- Rub the sides and bottom of a greased 8-inch baking dish with the garlic; Discard garlic after rubbing.
- In a skillet, over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the onions and cook until softened.
- Squeeze the spinach to remove any excess liquid.
- In a large bowl, mix the spinach, cream cheese, heavy cream, milk, Swiss cheese, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and onions.
- Transfer to dish.
- Bake, uncovered, until bubbling and lightly golden, this will take for about 25 minutes.
Cheesy Spinach Squares
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup (8 fl oz/250 ml) whole milk
- 1 cup (5 oz/155 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 lb (500 g) Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 lb (500 g) chopped frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/4 cup (1 oz/30 g) grated Parmesan cheese
Spinach, Tomato and Cheese Omelet
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup spinach, roughly chopped
- Half a large tomato or 1 plum tomato, diced
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cheesy Spinach Pasta
- 2 big handfuls fresh spinach
- 1 cup uncooked pasta
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 4 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
P.S. – Pictures are taken from Pinterest for reference.
Do you know more recipes of spinach and cheese?