Babies are very prone to cough and cold especially during the seasonal changes. If the problem has just started and there is nothing serious then going for medicines may not be a good idea. You can give your four month old any of the following home remedies-
- Ajwain or carom seeds water is considered to be very effective in treating common cold and cough. Boil some seeds with water and strain. Give this water to your baby at regular intervals.
- Keep giving few teaspoons of warm water every 2 hours to control sputum.
- Massage your baby’s chest, palms and soles of the feet with warm mustard oil which has been diffused with crushed garlic. It acts as a vaporizer and keeps the nasal passage open and allows easy breathing.
- Take a drop of eucalyptus oil on a cotton ball and place near baby’s head. It also aids breathing.
- Make baby sleep in a slightly alleviated position in an incline. The head should be above the waist. This will prevent the blockage of the respiratory track.
- Give your baby steam 3-4 times a day in the bathroom with hot shower running. Make sure that all the windows and doors are shut so that the steam cannot escape.
You might also like reading these-
- Chicco 6m+ Apple & Banana Toothpaste Review
- 5 Ways To Give Spinach To Baby
- How To Choose Baby Diaper Bag
- Febrile Seizure Experience
- 8 Tips To Wear Maternity Wear & 8 Cute Maternity Wear Ideas