New born babies are every sensitive to everything and anything once out of their mother’s womb. One of the main challenge for them is to get adjusted with the outer environment. The skin being normal is one of the boon for new born infants and with some effort we can always keep our baby skin healthy.
As for as my daughter is concerned she has faced dryness in skin right from birth. She totally inherited my dry skin problem . I had discussed this dry skin issues with every possible experienced and non-experienced person, even my pediatrician. I was not sure what could be used on a new born infant’s skin.
Fortunately, I and my daughter have passed all those phases and she is grown into a healthy toddler.
Some remedies I have followed for my baby dry skin problem which might help you out too are as follows:-
- Every day gentle massage of baby’s skin with oil.
- Choose oil that is pure in its form. Coconut oil or olive oil are the best recommended. Strictly no to perfumed oil.
- Before using the oil, slightly warming it up is a good practice.
- First few weeks of her birth, I was suggested to use nothing other than gram flour for my baby.
- Zero base emollient cream was recommended by my pediatrician.
- Cetaphil lotion was also recommended by my doctor.
- I have used Tedi Bar soap for my daughter. That was the first bath soap I introduced to her skin even before using Pigeon Bath Liquid Soap.
- Any problematic areas on the baby’s skin can be soothed by calamine lotion.
Consult your doctor if you are facing major skin problem in your new born baby.
You might also like reading these:-