Adoption V – Celebs who choose to adopt and are adopted
When it comes to Bollywood and Hollywood, often times we only hear stories of glamour, debauchery and sin. There are also stories of hope and acts of love. Many celebs have passed on their priveleged life to those born to one mother only to find a home with another. Some have even traveled the world in search of babies to call their own an many have chosen to be single parents and adopt!
Our very own Sushmita Sen embarked on that adventure by adopting two girls – Renee and Alisah! Salman Khans sister Arpita was adopted from the streets of Mumbai. Sandip Soparkar adopted a lovely boy. Did you know Mithun Chakravorty had adopted a baby girl who was left to die in a garbage bin by her biological parents? Keralite actress Shoban recently adopted a little baby and Raveena Tandon adopted two children, Pooja and Chhaya as a single mother in the 1990s while adoption was still looked down upon and of late Kunal and Raveena Kohli who adopted a little girl. These are among the few known adoptions in Bollywood and as usual Hollywood is always a step ahead!
Read – Adoption I – A Barren Womb….
Hollywood boasts of the following star adoptions:
- Charlize Theron is the new mother of a 4-month-old boy
- Sandra Bullock adopted a baby boy
- Serial adopter Angelina Jolie adopted her first child, Maddox, while she was in a previous relationship and she got full custody.
She then went on to begin the adoption process for Zahara in 2005 as a single mother until her current partner signed on as proud papa and adopted another child with her. She has 3 biological and 3 adopted children
- Mary-Louise Parker adopted a baby girl from Africa in 2007
- Meg Ryan adopted a baby from China in 2006
- Lets not forget our one and only ‘Material girl’ Madonna and her two adopted kis from Malawi and Living La vida Loca star Ricky Martin
- Calista Flockhart from Ally Mcbeal with one son and Sheryl Crow with two
- Denise Richards who has two biological daughters and the third an adopted daughter
- Actors Burt Reynolds and Diane Keaton
- Like father like daughter. Henry Fonda and his daughter Jane Fonda (excersise guru)
- Hugh Jackman ( ooooooh Australia)
- Actors Isabella Rossellini and the candid Jamie Lee Curtis
- John Denver who sang the famous song – Blowin’ in the wind
- Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do………Julie Andrews from ‘The sound of music’
- Kirk Cameron child star and now evangelist
- The gorgeous Kirstie Alley
- Magic Johnson who was once the fastest man on the earth
- Mia Farrow, once wife to Woody Allen. ( He divorced Mia and married her adopted daughter!)
- Michelle Pfeiffer and Nicole Kidman – actress
- The romantic designer Oscar de la Renta
- President Ronald Reagan
- Basic Instinct star Sharon Stone has adopted 3 boys over 11 years
- Stephen Spielberg the god of directors
- Tom Cruise who adopted a daughter and then a son
- Catherine Heigl from Grey’s Anatomy
- Kristin Davis from Sex and the City adopted a little girl
- Walt (and Lily) Disney
I also want to share with you the names of famous people who are adopted. These people were given a second chance in life. A chance to know love…
In the end celeb or not, I want to salute all those people who go out of their way, who defy society, who bend the rules for the better and who stand up and do what they belive in. I want to salute those people who become parents because they choose to love the unloved and choose to want the unwanted….
I salute you….