Apple Pie Recipe For Toddlers
Apple pie is considered to be a British recipe but it is popular in many other countries. There are many versions of apple pie. Traditionally the recipe takes a lot of time to cook so now the recipe has been changed a lot. You can make it easily at home. These days pie crusts or pastries are easily available in the market. Besides these, you will need a few simple ingredients.
Apple pie can be served with ice-cream or whipped cream. You can serve it without any topping as well. Here is an easy Apple Pie Recipe For Toddlers-
- 2 Ready-made Pie Crusts
- 6 cups thinly sliced, peeled apples
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Place one pie crust in a non-greased 9 inch glass pie plate. Press it firmly against sides and bottom.
- Take all the ingredients of the filling in a bowl and mix together.
- Place the filling into the pie crust lined on the plate.
- Cover with the second crust.
- Press the edges of top and bottom crusts together to seal firmly.
- Slit the top crust on several places.
- Bake the pie for 45 minutes. The crust will turn golden brown and the apples will become tender.
Cool for around two hours before serving to kids.