Beaten Rice & Coconut Snack Recipe For Kids
Poha/Beaten rice is an easy snack. It is fun to eat for kids.
My daughter likes beaten rice a lot. There are varieties of ways in which you can flavour beaten rice.
Today I share the most easiest way. This is a good snack to pack in the lunch box.
You can buy best designs of lunch boxes from Flipkart.com here
You will need
- Freshly grated coconut half cup
- One cup poha (medium thickness)
- Sugar about 4 spoons
- Finely chopped coriander leaves
- Chopped onion about 3 to 4 spoon
- Salt to taste
For seasoning, mustard seeds, urad dal, cumin seeds, one long red chilli, curry leaves, one spoon oil/ghee.
- To a wide mouthed vessel add grated coconut, sugar, asafoetida. Also add the chopped onion and coriander leaves.
- Mix well.
- Now in a pan, heat oil. Once hot, add all the seasoning ingredients and wait until the mustard seeds begin to splutter.
- Now add the fried seasoning to the bowl of grated coconut. Mix well again
- Now add poha and once again mix well.
This is mess free, quick and easy to try. And poha is never boring for both kids and adults.