Benefits Of Fish Oil & Fish Oil Supplement For Kids
Why should you give your child a fish oil supplement? I think most of the people know that fish oils supplement make our children smarter and intelligent. If you are vegetarian then your children needs omega 3 fatty acids. Everyone knows that fish oil is very helpful to develop children’s behavior as well as learning. Fish oil supplement might be a good idea for your child. Therefore, today in this article we are discussing about fish oil supplement for your children.
If you are vegetarian or your children’s does not like fish then it is very necessary to introduce of the omega-3 fatty acid in your child’s diet once a week. It is observed that diet play an essential role on not only on learning but also on behavior. There are many benefits of fish oil and it is very popular dietary supplements that are used today by most of the people. The requirement of fish oil depends upon the age of child and they are as follows;
- 2-year-olds: 1 ounce of fish
- 3 to 6 years olds: 1.5 ounces of fish
- Older than 6 : 2 ounces of fish
- 10 years old: 500 to 1000 milligram of omega-3 fatty acid per day.
Oily fish is a good source of omega-3 essential fatty acids, minerals and vitamins as well as vitamin D. There are many varieties of fishes that contain omega-3 fatty acids like salmon, tuna etc.
Benefits of fish oil:
- Many commercial infants’ formulas are improved with omega-3 fatty acids like DHA, the chief health-promoting ingredients in fish oils.
- The omega-3 fatty acids are necessary fatty acids because they provide positive effects on heart as well as on brain.
- The fish oil plays an effective role not only to cure inflammatory but also certain allergic conditions such as eczema and asthma because they possess anti-inflammatory properties.
- We know that omega – 3 oil is desirable to permit the brain and nervous system to grow and function generally.
- In some studies the fish oil are very beneficial for some children who have been analyzed with autism spectrum disorders or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
- Always remember that all children does not need fish oil supplement.
Profits of omega-3 in children’s:
- more understanding,
- have better-quality memory,
- More confident with better self-confidence,
- peacemaker, not so troublemaking,
- Improved reading and writing skills.
Fish oil supplement:
The some benefits and information about fish oil supplement are as follows;
- If your child is a fussy eater then the fish oil supplement is very useful for your child. These supplements are also very helpful if he not get sufficient amount of essential fatty acids in her diet.
- Most of the supplements are free of mercury and if you decide to give your toddler then first of all check with your doctor.
- If you are vegetarian then there are some supplements are available for vegetarians containing microalgae oils.
- Remember that capsule is responsible and therefore it is harmful for children’s. If your child is about 2 years or above of age then liquid variation is available in sachets or in bottles.
- Always select those supplements that are made from refined oils resulting from the flesh of fish, rather than from their livers. Fish liver oils are very dangerous because it involves injurious pollutants or great quantity of vitamin A.
- If you are given the supplement to your toddler then only begin with a few and low dose and make sure that your toddler is glad with that.
- Avoid any overdose of the supplement and therefore check the advised dose for your toddler. Because some diseases like diarrhea or tummy ach are resulted from too much dose of fish oil.
- You can also give the liquid supplement to your child by mixing with her juice or milk.
- Fish oil supplements are very helpful for your kids to get a good dose of DHA as well as EPA.
So, these are the some useful information about fish oil supplements and now, you know that it’s beneficial or harmful. I hope you find this article helpful as well as informative.
Do you give fish oil supplements for your child?
You might also like reading these:-