Besan Spinach Cheela Recipe For Toddlers
Winters have already started and there are lots of green leafy vegetables available abundantly these days. I love to cook interesting recipes for my daughter so that she doesn’t get addicted to outside junk food and loves to eat home cooked food which is healthy and hygienic.
So as we all know how difficult it is to ensure that toddlers eat green leafy vegetables without much fuss. But mothers really find it difficult to feed their kids the healthy green vegetables in its true form so it is important to come up with ideas which ensure that the food contains the veggies in its ingredients in such a way that the kids don’t find out about it and enjoy the whole recipe as any other favorite dish of their choice!
Well, it is not easy to come up with such recipes but we all mommies surely know how to deal with our fussy eater toddlers so the ideas come naturally.
Today I will be sharing a unique Besan Spinach Cheela Recipe which I made for my daughter and included the season’s best leafy vegetable i.e. spinach in it. So that my daughter gets the required nutrition and iron content from it in any possible way.
The best thing about the recipe is that it is easily prepared and doesn’t require any special preparation. Here we go-
- 1 cup Besan (Gram flour)
- 1 cup Spinach (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Ginger Paste
- 1/4 tsp Red pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp Carom seeds
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2-3 tbsp Oil/Butter
Method of Preparation-
- First of all sieve the gram flour or besan in a bowl and add water in it. Now blend the mixture thoroughly in one direction to make a thick paste.
- Pour the chopped spinach leaves, ginger paste, carom seeds, red pepper powder & salt and mix all the ingredients properly.
- Keep the mixture for 10-12 minutes so that it gets mixed properly.
- Now take a tawa or a shallow pan and heat it on a medium flame. Pour few drops of oil on the pan and with the help of a napkin paper spread it all over the pan.
- Now pour 2-3 tbsp of the besan spinach batter on the tawa and spread it slightly with the ladle to forma round spread like a dosa.
- Lower the flame when spreading the besan spinach batter because on a higher flame it will be difficult to make the cheela to a thin layer.
- Let the cheela cook for a while until it turns light brown, now flip the cheela to the other side and cook well in the same way.
- Turn off the flame and transfer the spinach cheela in a serving plate. Now serve this with you kid’s favorite dip or tomato sauce.
They will surely love the taste and will not even trace that the green spinach as it gets cooked and mixes along with the taste of besan cheela.
One can eve add spinach puree or boil and mash it for making the texture a little different each time.
I hope you like this interesting recipe and will try to make these for your kids.
Buy books from Flipkart.com about more recipes to try out for kids here
Have you tried making Besan Spinach Cheela Recipe For Toddlers?