Best Survival Tips For A Summer Pregnancy
To all those pregnant women who are soon going to be mothers in the coming months, these two to three summer months of extreme summers are really challenging and with the temperature extremes it becomes really difficult to manage so many things like nutrition, physical activity, hydration level of the body and certain other things!
Summer pregnancies have few benefits like both the mom & baby can feel refreshed after the baby’s birth and the summers make it safe for the child to be out for fresh air in the evening which is generally not the case in winters!
Also read Safe Exercises To Do During Pregnancy
Summer pregnancy is also great in one sense that women do not need to wrap themselves up in layers to save themselves from the cold and have cold & cough issues! Summers can be really easy if its done right! You can wear anything light and you can frequently take long baths in the bath-tub, which is very relaxing during pregnancy!
Well, to help you go easy breezy all along the summers with your pregnancy, here are some useful tips on How to Survive a Summer Pregnancy! Do make sure you follow these points so the hot & humid environment affect the least!
Also read Is Swimming Good During Pregnancy?
- Make sure to have a shower daily and if you feel excess heat, you can shower in the evening but don’t sit in Air condition after that as you may easily catch cold afterwards!
- You can also go for swimming sessions during summers! It is a great workout and also keeps you cool during excess humidity! Always wear a maternity swim- suit before swimming!
- Outdoor tasks like gardening, jogging, drying the laundry can be done during the early hours of the day when the sun is lower so that you need not come out in the afternoon when the sun is at its peak!
- Wear cotton fabrics which are breathable! Keep them loose & comfortable to make you feel comfortable!
Also read Maternity Fashion: Do’s & Don’ts
- Make sure you take fluids at regular intervals, it can be water, fruit juices, smoothie, yogurt, fruit infused water and anything fluid which is safe to drink during pregnancy!
- Add water based vegetables in your diet like cucumber, tomatoes as it constitutes to water in the body and easier to digest during the summers!
Also read: 7 Myths About Pregnancy Diet
Well, these pretty much cover some of the important aspects you need to take care of during pregnancy!