Child Snack Idea : Sooji Paratha For Kids
Today I am here with a quick and easily prepared snack recipe for kids and this is a great food idea to satisfy the hunger pangs of kids in evenings. It is light and easily digestible for children.
Have a look at the ingredients of this Sooji Paratha or sooji flat bread or sooji pancakes as you may also call it.
- 1 cup fine semolina/sooji
- 50g Paneer/ Indian Cheese (filling for paratha)
- Salt (as per taste)
- Pepper (as per taste)
- 2tbsp Olive oil/ vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp Ajwain seeds/ carom seeds
- Lukewarm water to make the dough
Method of Preparation-
- In a medium sized bowl mix sooji, ajwain, salt olive oil & pepper.
- Now add lukewarm water as per needed and knead a usual dough. It should be a little softer than usual dough.
- Keep this dough aside for 5-10 minutes while you can prepare the filling.
- Crumble the paneer and ad slat and pepper to it. If you are making the sooji paratha for yourself then you can make it spicier by adding chopped green chillies and red chilli powder in it.
- Mix the paneer mixture very well.
- Take a small lump of dough and spread it on your palm like a flat roti or bread.
- Add some paneer stuffing in the flattened dough.
- Cover it wth another similar flattened sooji dough to cover the stuffing completely.
- Now heat a non-stick pan and cook the paratha. Cook each sides with little oil for thorough and even cooking on both sides.
- The sooji paratha/ pancake is ready to serve with your kid’s favorite chutney.
For a more detailed and step by step process, checkout the video below to easily make the sooji paratha at home for your kids.
Have you tried making sooji paratha/ sooji pancakes at home before?
You might also like to read:-