As a kid I had been a great fan of chocolate cakes (who isn’t?) and the worst thing is that till date I have not grown up for chocolates and cakes After I became mom, my kids too wanted to have only chocolate cakes. I knew the repercussions of eating those refined flour and sugar filled cakes. So I took it as a challenge to convert unhealthy cakes and muffins into healthier ones without compromising on taste. Earlier when my kids were young we never had any ready to eat multi grain atta or brown sugar; so in place of multi grain I used ordinary Chakki atta and Shakkar; but now I love to bake these muffins with multi grain atta and Patanjali brown sugar.
Here is how I made and still make egg less chocolate cakes and with a filling of cream cheese.
- Multi grain Atta – 2 tbsp
- Cocoa powder – 2 tbsp
- Brown sugar – 2 tbsp (I use Patanjali)
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Milk – as required
- eno fruit salt – 1/2 tsp
For cream cheese filling
- Paneer freshly home made all water squeezed out
- icing sugar 1/2 tsp
- In a bowl mix Atta, Cocoa powder, brown sugar well.
- add ghee and mix well.
- Now add milk to make the batter ready.
- add milk little by little to make a thick paste consistency. (refer to pic below)
- Finally add Eno fruit salt and beat well.
- Pour in smaller bowls or muffin molds.
- Micro high for 2 mnts or bake in conventional oven till a knife comes out clean.
- For the filling beat Paneer and icing sugar well. When its creamy, slit muffin slices and spoon in the filling.
- Keep in refrigerator for cream filling to set and serve healthy as well as tasty Choco muffin bites to your kids.