Creamy , Healthy Paneer Spinach Sandwich Recipe For Toddlers
Today I am here yet again with another interesting recipe for toddlers in the cool winter season. This is a creamy and healthy Paneer Spinach Sandwich which is really a great food option to stop the hunger pangs of toddlers during the days.
- 10 slices bread
- 1 cup grated paneer (cottage cheese)
- 1 cup spinach(steamed chopped spinach..I just take a non stick pan and add clean spinach leaves in it and but of water.Cover the pan and let it steam for 10 minutes .Take out the leaves and chop them)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp chat masala
- 1 tsp oil
- salt n pepper to taste
- 2 cheese slice or cheese cubes(You can decrease or increase the quantity as per your liking)
Method Of Preparation
For sandwich stuffing-
- Heat oil in a pan add onion and stir till onion become translucent, fry for a minute and then add spinach and let it cook for 2 more minutes.
- Now add chat masala, salt, pepper and fry for 1 more minute on medium flame.
- Switch off the stove and take the paneer & cheese and mix it properly.
- Your stuffing is ready. Normally for a sandwich the filling should be more on the dry side otherwise sandwich will not turn out crunchy & crispy
Preparing the sandwich
- First of all spray a little amount of oil or butter whatever you wish to give to your toddler on the sandwich maker base.
- Now put one slice on a plate and spread the paneer & cheese mixture properly and top it up with another slice.
- Toast the sandwich in the grilled sandwich maker until it turns golden brown in color.
- Switch off the sandwich maker and with the help of a tong take out the sandwich in a serving plate.
- Now serve this creamy & healthy spinach sandwich to your toddler with their favorite dip or sauce.
These sandwiches can be easily prepared once the stuffing is ready and it is a great option for toddlers as their evening snacks to keep their tummy filled. The spinach is a very healthy ingredient of this sandwich and the paneer & cheese stuffing makes it a very yummy combination which is liked by the kids.
This is a good lunch box idea too. You might pack it in a sandwich box and send to school/play school.
You can buy sandwich boxes from flipkart.com here .
I hope you liked the recipe and ill try it out at your place for your toddlers and even other family members! Do share how well your kids liked this healthy sandwich!
Have you tried making Creamy Healthy Paneer Spinach Sandwich?