Dahi Vade Recipe For Toddlers
It has been a while since I shared some recipe with you all which I happened to try for my toddler daughter. Today I will be sharing an interesting recipe which kids absolutely love to have due to the lip smacking taste.
This recipe uses Moong Dal which as we all know is a great source of protein which is great for growing toddlers. Moong dal is used in various other uses like for making soup, sweets, halwa etc. One of the best remedies for people having loose motion issues is the Moong dal khichdi which gives instant relief as it gives a lot of fiber & bulk to the intestinal bowel.
We will be using Moong dal as the main ingredient in this recipe and because some toddlers don’t like to have dal in that form and throw many tantrums to finish a bowl of dal, this recipe is a good way to put the great protein content in their system. Well, I agree it looks tastier and irresistible than a bowl of dal! :-p
So lets just know what ingredients are required to prepare this recipe.
- 1 cup Moon Dal ( soaked in hot water)
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1/4 tsp Shahi Jeera
- 1/2 tsp Asfoetida
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt as per taste
- 1/2 tsp Saunf Powder
- 1/2 tsp Dry Mango Powder
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander Leaves
- 1/2 cup Bread Crumbs
- Green Chutney as per requirement
- Sweet & Sour Chutney (as per kid’s taste)
Method of Preparation-
- First of all take a non- stick frying pan and heat 2 tsp oil in it. Add shahi jeera and asfoetida along with the moong dal after straining it thoroughly under running water. Stir the mixture well.
- Now add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt, roasted fennel powder and mix well.
- Now transfer this mixture into a mixer jar and coarsely grind the moon dal mixture without adding water to it.
- Now transfer the grounded mixture in a bowl and add dry mango powder. Take freshly chopped coriander leaves and add along with white bread crumbs and mix very well.
- Now heat sufficient oil in Kadai for deep frying purpose.
- After that grease your palm with a little oil and take appropriate amount of mixture and give the shape of vadas. Now carefully put in in the heated oil and deep fry the vadas until they turn golden brown. As these will be fried they will turn crispy. Drain the excess oil on an absorbent sheet and transfer in a serving plate. Serve these vadas with your kid’s favorite sweet & sour tamarind chutney.
- I hope you like this recipe as it is quick & easy and can be prepared even in a hurry. You toddler will surely love the savory taste of these vadas.
- One can also serve it in combination with a little of dahi/curd and sprinkle jeera powder and a little sweet tamarind chutney from top.
Do try making for your toddlers and share your experience!
Have you tried Dahi Vade Recipe For Toddlers?
You might also like to read:-