Easy Banana Bread Recipe For Toddlers
Well, it is officially winters now and I have started to prepare some of the healthy recipes for my daughter which will also help her in remaining immune towards the chilling winters season in the coming months. And also because she has developed a certain liking for junk food items, I am making sure to prepare yummy recipes for her.
Today I wanted to share a quick Banana Bread recipe which I made this weekend for my daughter. It has some very healthy ingredients to keep her immune system strong for the coming climate changes.
Lets look at the basic ingredients-
- Ripe Bananas (medium sized)
- 1.5 cups Whole Wheat flour
- ½ or ⅔ cup Butter
- ½ cup Regular Sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- a pinch of salt (optional)
Method of Preparation-
- First of all, pre-heat the oven at 180 degree Celsius. An grease a baking tin or rectangular cake pan with a lttle amount of butter.
- Mash the ripe bananas well or you can puree it with a hand blender.
- Add butter, sugar & vanilla extract to the banana mixture and mix well.
- In a large bowl, sieve the wheat flour along with baking soda and baking powder. Now fold this wheat flour mixture really well. As the folding step is really important for all the ingredients to be mixed properly and evenly all over the parts.
- Now ad sunflower seeds to this mixture and fold again. Now pour the bread mixture in the bread pan.
- And now bake this mixture for about 30-40 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 180 degree Celsius. With the help of a toothpick test, that the bread is ready or not when it comes out clean.
- As the bread pan cools down remove it from the baking pan.
- Slice the bread loaf in small pieces and serve a little warm.
- The remaining loaf can be stored in the refrigerator in a thin food wrapping sheet or in a box.
- Warm the refrigerated ones before serving!
I hope you find this recipe useful as it contains Sunflower seeds it really makes the nutritional value of this bread much higher. The taste is certainly great and kids will surely love this and may ask you to prepare it every week.
It is far better than the ready made bread loafs available in the market which com in different flavors as they mainly use refined flour (maida) to prepare them which is not considered good for the baby’s digestive system. The whole wheat flour used in this recipe gives a good bulk to the bowel and is far easy to digest than refined flour.
So what are you thinking? Go ahead and treat your kid with this yummy Banana Bread recipe!
Have you tried this Banana Bread Recipe before?