Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Cookie Shape Surprise
I had heard a lot about Fisher Price from my relatives and discussions going on between parents long before my baby was born. I wasn’t interested much in these discussions back then as I was a kid myself But, after I had my baby this was the first baby toy brand name that flashed in my mind. So, naturally now that I was a mom and my baby had crossed his 6 months mark, I thought of trying out something from Fisher-Price. While trolling online in my free time I stumbled across this one and ordered it immediately (there was some offer so I didn’t want to miss the great discount).
About Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Cookie Shape Surprise:
- Activate responses by placing shapes into the had through 4 shape sorters, belly or by pressing the lid
- 25 sing along songs, tunes and phrases
- Teaches baby letters, numbers and sorting
Price: INR 2199 (bought at a discounted price of INR 1529 on Flipkart). You can buy it either from flipkart here
How does it work: Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Cookie Shape Surprise
- Press the lid of the cookie jar to listen to the different songs.
- Place different shapes through the shape sorters in the cookie jar to activate responses.
- There are two play modes in the toy – music and phrases
My experience with Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Cookie Shape Surprise:
It’s a joy to see my baby play with this cute cookie jar. As the toy is fairly a new addition to his family of toys he is still figuring out the how’s of this cookie jar. For now, he has figured out that if he presses the lid of the jar he would hear his favourite cookie song “May I have a cookie please” and “A, B, C, D” song plus his mommy singing the same. He would press the lid and look up to me with a big smile waiting for me to join in
And when he is not interested in the music or phrases, he would take the jar and put all sorts of things inside its belly even his squeaky bath toys. To me it seems very funny but to him it seems as if he has sorted out the biggest problem in the world
He recognises the phrases now even when I sing it to him without the cookie jar anywhere in front of him. I found the toy to be very useful in introducing him to some of the basic social etiquettes and small phrases.
Right now my son doesn’t understand the shape sorting part of the cookie jar. It would probably take him some time to get the hang of it, but for a toddler the shape sorting game would definitely be more likeable and easy.
What I like about Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Cookie Shape Surprise:
- A great way to teach your baby through play
- Teaches the baby basic numbers, letters and shapes
- The phrases help your baby learn some social etiquettes as well
- The voice is very clear so no difficulty in making out whatever is being said.
- The simplicity of the toy
- The jar looks yummy, fun and colourful
- Sturdy jar, has survived quite a number of falls and throws
- Great for teaching cause and effect
What I don’t like about Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Cookie Shape Surprise
- The sound level of the jar is pretty low, it wouldn’t be heard in a noisy environment
- Toddlers might get frustrated with only four types of shapes
- The toy is pretty expensive
Will I recommend it to others – Absolutely! It’s great toy for your baby to have fun with and at the same time learn. If introduced at any early age, the phrases would help your baby strengthen his/her vocabulary.
Have you tried Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Cookie Shape Surprise?
You might also like reading:-