Food to avoid during your pregnancy
These nine months may be the most challenging months of your life. With your body undergoing a number of changes, you need to be extra careful about yourself as well as your surroundings. Watching your diet should on top of your list. Most everyone says a mother should eat for two because she needs to take care of one more life. Is it true? Well, one things for sure a mother should eat a healthy and balanced meal to sustain both her and the baby inside her.
Read – 11 Awesome Benefits Of Being Pregnant
Here are a list of things you must avoid to ensure a smooth pregnancy. Sometimes you might feel like it’s a long list,
but here are the basics:
Read – My Diet After C Section Delivery India
Foods To Avoid During Pregnancy :-
- It is prescribed by doctors that intake of Vitamin A must be controlled because it may cause damage to embryo.
- Raw meat, eggs and fish: These can infect you with salmonella or toxoplasmosis. Avoid sushi and rare meats.
- Unpasteurised products: milk and soft cheeses because of the way cheese is made it may contain harmful bacteria.
- Raw Eggs: Salmonella is the risk from raw egg. Avoid cake batter, raw cookie dough, homemade ice cream, custards, mayo, egg nog or Hollandaise sauce.
- Fish: Mercury can be harmful to you baby because it can lead to brain damage. Foods to avoid: tilefish, king mackerel shark and sword fish.
- Warm foods: Dates, pappaya, hing, cut down the mango
- Heaty foods: Unripe papayas are not safe. An unripe or semi-ripe papaya is rich in a substance called latex. It is known to have a concentrated form of latex that may trigger uterine contractions. Papaya skin is also dangerous. Ripe papayas are fine and a good source of vitamins but if you are unsure about it do consult your doctor.
- Those who suffer from constipation, gas, bloating must avoid peas and other `heavy to digest’ cereals.
- Too much acidic foods could cause nausea
Read -My Diet After C Section Delivery India
Read – Kiehl’s Baby Skin Care, Hair Care & Body Skincare
Remember, the baby inside depends on you for proper nutrition so do not forget to have supplemental nutrients while maintaining a balanced and nutritious diet. Do get a list of healthy Indian foods and meals from doctor/dietician to have a successful pregnancy and a healthy baby.
What are some of the things you avoided during your pregnancy? Tell us, we are sure our readers would love to know.
You might like reading these also:-
Mee Mee Quilted Baby Wrapper & Blanket Review
How I lost Weight After Pregnancy
Old wives tales – Fact ya Fiction?