I am not a kind of mom who will spend hours in the kitchen to cook food for her child but I will certainly like my toddler to eat healthy so there are few things which I keep coming up with and which are a hit with my girl.One of the readers asked me to post my version of french toast so I am doing it otherwise both these recipes are pretty simple I believe.
French toast Recipe:-
- 1 slice of brown bread
- 1tbsp of milk
- A pinch of cinnamon powder
- 1 egg
- Sweet tomato sauce (I use Maggi tomato ketchup)
- 1 tsp. butter/ghee
Method And Preparation:-
- Whisk the egg and add cinnamon and milk to it and whisk again. Now dip the bread slice into the egg-mixture and coat it well.
- Heat a pan on medium heat and add a little butter/ghee to it.
- Add bread slice to the pan, and flip when it turns brown on one side. Let the bread turn golden on the other side as well.
- Take it out and cut it into pieces and add some tomato ketchup in it.
- Serve the French toast to your toddler when it has cooled down.
Soya Chunks For Toddler/Kids
I generally keep this as an evening snack for my girl.It’s healthy and quick too.All one needs to do it is soak soya chunks in water for half an hour .After some time squeeze out water from the chunks and keep them aside. Take a non stick pan and add 1 tbsp of ghee/oil/butter. Let it heat a bit and then add the soya chunks. Saute them till they start turning brown and add salt and pinch of black pepper in it. Just let them cool-down a bit and serve.
Above are some simple and quick recipes which are popular in all Indian households which have fussy kids. Do let me know what instant recipes you make for your kid
More Toddler recipe here:-