We all our aware of the many benefits of Amla or Indian Gooseberry. It is like a panacea for healthy mind and body. We all want to include gooseberries in our kids diet but seems like a daunting task..The good news is that even your toddler can have the benefits of Amla. All you have to do is to make this super easy amla jam at home. It is yummy and nutritious.
You will need-
- Amla- 7-8
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Cardamom pods – 2
- Cinnamon sticks- 2 (1 inch in length)
- Salt- 1/2 teaspoon
Lets start now-
- Wash the Amlas. Cut them into pieces and de-seed them.
- Grind them in a mixer ( not too finely). You can add a little water to make grinding easy.
- Keep a pan on flame and add the ground amla and 2 cups of sugar along with the 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Add the cardamom pods and cinnamon sticks.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Let the contents cook properly. Bring it to a boil and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Turn off the flame when the amla mix begins to shine and has a jam like consistency.
The tasty amla jam is ready now. Your baby will love this sweet treat which is super healthy. It boosts immunity and keeps the functioning of digestive system proper. It is good for skin, hair and strengthens the central nervous system.
You might also like reading these-