How To Make Soft Play Dough At Home + Video
Making play dough for children is very easy and children with all ages love to play with this dough. All you need to do is get the ingredients and few colors you child likes and make it. There are also many benefits for children to play with dough. Just ask them to make alphabets, numbers, shapes, toys and many things which while learning the kid enjoys as well. But at the same time it is important to make sure that you use safe ingredients to make this because you don’t want it to harm you child’s skin anyway. Check if the colors you are using are safe. So add food color only so that even if your kid keeps her hand in mouth, nothing harms her.
Few Examples to Make With Dough:
- Children can make alphabets, numbers, shapes, etc. and learn about them as well.
- Ask them to make scenery using the dough. Let them imagine and do it.
- How about making animals, birds, insects, etc.?
- They can much more things like making fruits, lollipops, food items, rainbow etc.
- How about making a beautiful and colorful garden?
This way kids can put their imaginations on the table with colorful dough. Try giving her dough with as many colors as possible and you will see the glow in her face. Your kid will improve a lot by learning many things this way.
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour or maida
- ½ cup of salt
- 1 cup of lukewarm water
- 2 tablespoons of any oil
- Containers to store the prepared dough
Method to Prepare Dough:
- I am going to make dough of two colors, one is yellow and the other is little orange colored.
- Take a bowl and add two tablespoons of any oil of your choice. Add 1 cup of all-purpose flour which is also called as maida to the oil. Add ½ cup of salt and 1 cup of lukewarm water.
- Mix the ingredients well till it looks like mashed potatoes.
- Keep this mixture aside and let it cool down a bit.
- Choose a food color to add to this dough. I chose yellow food color and added to this dough.
- Mix it well with hands to ensure proper mixture of the color in the dough.
- I added some turmeric powder to change the color of this dough. It will give you a different shade of color or you can say orange color.
- Do not add too much of turmeric powder since it will stain you kid’s hands a lot and you will end up washing it.
- Knead the ingredients well to make it soft dough. I got the dough in two colors.
- Fill this dough in the container and give it to your kid to play with it. Let her play and make things with it.
Since making dough is very easy, if your kid reached an age at which she knows how to handle things, then let her make the dough herself. Sit with her add all the ingredients and ask her to help you in mixing them. You can mix all the ingredients yourself and in the final step just give her colors to mix in the dough. She will definitely enjoy mixing colors in the dough.