In India babies are more prone to worm infections. Not just babies, even adults. Worm infections can be severe in babies and disrupt their health to a great extent.
How to identify if your child has worm infection?
Worm infection can cause stomach pain, vomiting, skin rashes, itching, weight loss, sleeplessness, cough, loose stools.
The child will be very uncomfortable and will be very cranky. But will not be able to explain.
Some type of worms usually can be seen crawling at the opening of the anal passage. This causes irritation in the skin. And the child tends to scratch the area constantly.
How to prevent worm infection?
- Hygiene is the most important factor here. Wash your child’s hands without fail before eating food.
- Nappies/diapers needs frequent changing.
- The person who cares constantly for the baby has to maintain high cleanliness and hygiene.
- The easiest and most common place where the child gets worm infection is the play school. Children of this age group do not tend to keep their hands or legs clean. The play group/area admins should see to the hygiene aspect her.
- Infected soil and water are also responsible. Some types of worms breed in soil and water. This is likely to affect small kids as they have weak immune system. Always encourage to use foot wear.
- Semi cooked vegetables or meat have high chances of creating worm infection. Avoid eating anything raw. Always use fresh eatables.
- De-worming treatment at the right interval is a must. Frequent visit to the doctor for examination of the child’s health is also advised.
Treatment for Baby’s worm infection.
Most type of worm infections are treated with oral medicines. Doctor’s examination is a must to identify the type of worm infection and accordingly the treatment will be decided.
Offlate, deworming is a common practice as a method of precaution. These infections spread easily at schools and chance of getting re-infected is also high. Hence, most doctors suggest undergoing de-worming treatments even if the child does not have worms.
I follow deworming treatment for my daughter at the prescribed intervals under the supervision of my pediatrician.
Image Source: 1
Have you started deworming your child?
You might also like reading these:-