Lunch Box Ideas – Semolina/Sooji Balls Recipe
Hello beautiful ladies. Being a mummy is a role that demands for a lot of patience, care and love. Mums care for their babies and want to serve them the healthiest foods but the toddlers at times prove to be very choosy and would only want junk foods.
Today I shall share with you all an easy lunch box recipe, which your toddler will love and at the same time, it is healthy too, so this makes you happy as well.
You can buy best lunch boxes from Flipkart.com here
Without much delay, let me share the recipe now.
Ingredients that this recipe includes are very common in every household, and this makes the recipe easier.
- 1 cup of Semolina Flour, also known as sooji or rava.
- Half a cup of yogurt.
- Two small carrots, washed, peeled and grated.
- One Chopped Capsicum
- Salt and Red Chili as per taste.
- Some oil to fry.
You can also add crumbled cottage cheese (paneer) or a boiled potato.
- Step 1 – In a mixing bowl, add semolina, yogurt, carrots, chopped capsicum, salt and red chili. Mix all the ingredients together. You can also add any other veggie or cheese as per requirement.
- Step 2 – After all the ingredients are well mixed, make lemon size balls of them.
- Step 3 – Now take an Appam stand and pour small quantities of oil in each mould.
- Step 4 – Let the oil be heated.
- Step 5 – Now fry the balls in the Appam stand. Roll over the balls once for even frying. You can alternatively deep fry the balls, but frying it in the appam stand is a more organized, safe and less oil consuming way.
- Step 6 – our Semolina balls are now ready. Serve hot with your favorite dip, chutney or ketchup.
I hope you like the recipe. Your kids are sure to love this simple and yummy semolina balls. This recipe is ideal for kids’ lunch boxes as well.
Watch the video to see how to make the easy and quick semolina balls. Do not forget to hit the thumbs up if you like the video, also share it with your friends. See you next time with another good video.