I am here to share one of the most easy snack recipe which toddlers find really interesting to consume. This festive season, I prepared these for my little daughter and so I will be sharing the recipe with you all. Although namak paare has a prescribed recipe of its own but one can alter some of the ingredients or add something extra out of creativity and also keeping in mind the health quotient of the snack. I too added few of ingredients of my choice to make these snacks more tasty & healthy.
Lets have a look at the ingredients-
- 1 cup Wheat flour
- 1 1/4 cup Maida/ All purpose flour
- 2 tbsp Gram flour powder (Besan)
- 2 tbsp Chia Seeds Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder-
- Sesame seeds-1 tablespoon
- Hot oil-2 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
Method Of Preparation-
- First of all take a large bowl and combine the wheat flour, maida, chia seed powder, sesame, red chilli powder, salt & besan altogether.
- Now with the help of a spoon add lukewarm oil to the combined mixture. And make a stiff dough out of it, adding little water to the mixture.
- Now cover the dough properly and keep aside for 15 -16 minutes.
- Now take a deep frying pan or kadai and heat oil in it to fry the snacks.
- Take small lemon sized balls of dough and on a rolling pin make a round shaped chapati. If sticky, uses a little flour to dust it in that.
- Take a knife and cut thin long stripes of the chapati first horizontally and then vertically to give a square shape to the snacks. You can also give a rhombus shape to the snacks as well. It totally depends on your wish.
- Now put these cut pieces in oil and adjust the flame. Fry them deeply until golden brown!
- Take them out when they turn golden and put on an absorbent sheet.
- Repeat the procedure with the dough ball again.
- Let the snacks cool down to room temperature. Store in an air tight container.
These can be served with your kid’s favorite sauce or dip!
Although these don’t turn out that crispy but kids surely love the taste with any dip of there choice.
These snacks are easy to prepare and the fact that they can be stored for a long time is another great thing about it. Prepare these on a weekend and your toddler will enjoy it for a good one or two weeks depending on the quantity you made!
I hope you like the recipe and try it for your kids too! Also try adding some healthy ingredient so that these are beneficial for your kid’s health. I will be trying few more interesting recipes for my daughter in coming days!