The day one gets pregnant the first question is ‘will it be a boy or a girl? A baba or baby?’ Of course one can determine the sex of the child through ultrasound in countries other than India. There is an increasing gap in the sex ratio of girls to boys because Female foeticide is widely practised here hence sex determination is banned in this country.
The surprise element comes when one does not know the sex of the child and waits for 9 months for the good news. Then again human nature is such…we love surprises but not the suspense. Like everyone i too have played around with old wives tales which trust me is a lot of fun.
Is it a Girl Or A Boy Pregnancy Questions/Old Wives Tales
Read – Dr.Reddy’s EziNapi Cream Reviews
Here is my round up of some old wives tales and gender prediction tests .Let us see how true these are:
- Morning sickness – If you have morning sickness then you are pregnant with a girl. (I hardly had morning sickness infact it was so less that I used to sometimes use to doubt my own pregnancy :D)
- Heart Rate – Higher heart rate (above 140) means there is a baby girl and lower indicates a boy.(Mine has been between 130 -140 and in the later stage it was around 150 so i am not too sure about it )
- Chinese Calender – It turned out true in my case.
- Craving sweet and sour – Some people believe that if you have sweet craving you will have a girl and for salty its a boy. I have also noticed some people believe in opposite two i.e sweet for boy and sour for girls. I had all the cravings in the world. I initially wanted to eat everything spicy and then in the secod trimester it was sweet and later on it was all salty.
Read – Normal Or Cesarean Delivery?
- Extra Weight – It is believed that if you are carrying extra weight in the front you are having a boy and extra weight on your buttocks then its a girl. In my case it was the buttocks.
- Looks – if you look better during your pregnancy then you are carrying a boy and if you don’t look attractive then its a girl. Does a female foetus steal your good looks? It holds true in my case. By the end of my pregnancy I looked horrible.
- Pimples – If you get acne too often during pregnancy then you are having a girl and if you don’t then you are carrying a boy.I did have occassional pimples so kind of true in my case.
Read – It’s Your Body Stretch Mark Cream Review
- Hairy legs – If your hair grows faster than normal or more than average as compared to pre pregnancy then you are having a boy. It is so so true in my case as the moment I conceived my hair growth was almost nil.
Pimples, looks, hairy legs and the chinese calender were the 4 things which turned out to be true in my case. I had a baby GIRL!!!!
If you are a mommie then I tag you Answer the following questions and let us know which myth holds true in both the cases. If you don’t have a blog then you can list it below…
You might like reading these also:-
What Is Water Birth – Process – Pros & Cons
40th Week Of Pregnancy
11 Awesome Benefits Of Being Pregnant
Kiehl’s Baby Skin Care, Hair Care & Body Skincare
39th Week & Still Pregnant