Picky Kid Recipes
Kids are too cheesy and choosy with food and toss around like anything if they don’t like what is served to them. I have lived with my two nieces and a nephew and many a times I used to feed them in the afternoon interchangeably as my sister in law would feed the other kid. Well, we strictly kept in mind the taste preferences of both the kids and somehow they found it too boring and refused to eat them until served with sauce, jam, mayonnaise, etc. So it was an everyday struggle for my sister in law to come up with something innovative in the regular food recipes she prepared for her kids so that they happily finish their meal and literally love it.
So apart form the regular food you give to kids, there are some more interesting recipes that kids should be served once or twice a week to make their food interesting and their taste buds satisfied.
Fruit Cream Recipe
- Fresh Cream- 2 cups
- Powdered Sugar- 1/3 cup
- Banana– 1 medium
- Apple- 1 medium
- Mango- 1 medium
- Mango puree-
- Grapes- 100 gm
- Cashews- 6
- Almonds- 6
- Mix cream, mango puree and sugar in a blender. Do not blend too much as it may turn the cream into butter.
- Wash and cut all the fruits into 1 cm pieces.
- Cut dry fruits into small pieces.
- Mix the cut fruits and dry fruits with the cream mixture.
- Refrigerate it for two hours and serve cold.
Cream Cheese Filled Chocolate Muffins
- Multi grain Atta – 2 tbsp
- Cocoa powder – 2 tbsp
- Brown sugar – 2 tbsp (I use Patanjali)
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Milk – as required
- eno fruit salt – 1/2 tsp
For cream cheese filling
- Paneer freshly home made all water squeezed out
- icing sugar 1/2 tsp
- In a bowl mix Atta, Cocoa powder, brown sugar well.add ghee and mix well.
- Now add milk to make the batter ready.
- add milk little by little to make a thick paste consistency.
- Finally add Eno fruit salt and beat well.
- Pour in smaller bowls or muffin molds.
- Micro high for 2 minutes or bake in conventional oven till a knife comes out clean.
- For the filling beat Paneer and icing sugar well. When its creamy, slit muffin slices and spoon in the filling.
- Keep in refrigerator for cream filling to set and serve healthy as well as tasty Choco muffin bites to your kids.
- Brown Bread- 4 slices
- Cheese slices
- Mustard Sauce/ Salsa
- Sliced tomatoes, Olives, Cucumbers, Onions, Capsicum, Lettuce
- Put the bread slice on the kitchen platform and cut the corners as kids generally don’t like eating it.
- Now spread the mustard sauce/ salsa on the bread and keep spreading the cheese slices, lettuce leaves, veggies of your choice.
- Spread a small pinch of black pepper or oregano as per your liking.
- Put the other slice at the top and toast or grill it for few minutes. This makes your sandwich and kids will surely love it.
Oreo Cake Recipe
- Oreo Biscuits- 20
- Sugar- 2 tsp
- Milk- 1 cup
- Eno fruit salt- 1/4 tsp
- Take Oreo biscuits and sugar in a blender jar and grind without adding water or anything else.
- Take the ground mixture in a microwave safe dish.
- Add milk and Eno to the biscuit mixture and mix well with a spoon.
- Microwave for 3-4 minutes and you are done.
- Let it cool down for a few minutes and cut into pieces.
Mix Veg Pasta
- 1/3 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped potatoes
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1/2 cup boiled chickpeas
- 1 cup penne or elbow pasta
- Chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup Tomato juice
- Heat oil and saute onions. Add in rest of the vegetables and stock.
- Cover and cook for 7 minutes.
- Add uncooked pasta, chickpeas and tomato juice.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add more tomato juice or water if pasta starts turning dry and cook a little.
So, these were some of the best bet recipes which your toddler is surely going to love and you can happily let him/her feast as they are healthy and prepared with the best and harmless ingredients from the kitchen.
Have you tried these recipes before?
You might also like to read:-