Carrot is considered to be an important vegetable in baby’s food. The numerous health benefits carrot gives when consumed can just not be side lined.
For each baby taste differs. Some babies like and some don’t. When babies don’t like the healthiest food, it becomes our responsibility to make sure it is made like able. Thus comes the art of altering the original taste. Here is a sweet porridge prepared from carrot and poppy seeds.
Poppy seeds are also a rich source of calcium. A couple of spoon of poppy seeds is equivalent to a whole glass of milk
- One medium sized carrot.
- One spoon of poppy seeds.
- Half spoon ghee/butter
- Cardamom powder.
- A little sugar for taste (say half spoon).
- And of course milk according to the consistency you need. (Not more than one glass)
- Fried Cashew and almond pieces (optional)
Recipe:Poppy Seeds & Carrot Dessert:-
- Grate carrot and keep aside.
- In a pan, heat some ghee/butter.
- Roast the dry fruits (cashew and almond pieces). Once they turn golden brown put them aside in a bowl.
- Now to the pan, add poppy seeds and fry for about 2 minutes over low flames.
- Then add the grated carrot and fry for about one minute.
- Add water to the pan and allow the carrot to boil. Close lid and lower the flame.
- Once the carrot is boiled, drain the extra water if any.
- Add milk and continue boiling until the carrot and milk blend together. Also add the roasted dry fruits at this point.
- Add sugar and cardamom powder and mix well.
Serve when the porridge is warm.
This is one of the healthiest porridge suitable for babies and toddlers.
Do you have any more porridge recipes for babies?
You might also like reading these:-