Rice Recipe For Kids – Carrot Capsicum Pulao
The battle in the kitchen to dish out a delicious, healthy and sumptuous dish continues. A fussy eater who refuses to even look at carrots and capsicum, will not be able to say no to this yummy carrot-capsicum combination with rice. It’s easy, quick and most prep can be done at night.
What You Will Need:
- 1 Cup – Cooked Rice (Preferrably long grained like Basmati)
- ½ Cup – Grated Carrots (Orange Carrots work best for this)
- ½ Cup – Very finely chopped onions
- ¼ Cup – Very finely chopped Capsicum (I have used only Green here, but one could use all the 3 colours).
- ¼ Cup – Shelled Green Peas
- 2 tbsp – Olive Oil (or any other cooking oil, but tastes best in Olive oil)
- Salt – To taste
- A few sprigs of mint and corriander for garnish
Method of Preperation:
- In a wok heat 2 tbsp of oil and add chopped oinions till translucent.
- Once translucent, to this add green peas; cover and cook till the peas are par-done.
- Now add grated carrot and saute for about a minute. To this add the chopped capsicum and saute for another minute.
- Once the veggies are cooked to a crunchy texture, add cooked rice, season it with salt to taste and cook cover for a minute or two.
- Finish it off with a garnish of freshly chopped mint and corriander.
- Your delicious and colourful carrot-capsicum rice is ready to pack for tiffin.
Note: I have not used any chilli here, if your kids prefer spicy food, then you could either add finely chopped green chillies or sprinkle some red chilly powder / sambhar powder after adding the rice.
If you have enjoyed making this and your kids loved it, don’t forget to leave a comment.
Do you have more recipe ideas for tiffin box?
You might also like to read:-