Spinach, Corn and Barley Soup for Toddlers
Healthy diet is a key word in baby’s growth. Growing brain and body requires everything perfect.
Barley and spinach has already been introduced here on Wise She. Read for starter recipes of Barley and Spinach suitable for babies under one year of age.
Today, the recipe being presented is for slightly older babies. Who have come over the urge of chewing. It is a best toddler’s spinach, corn and barley soup.
Barley can be a part of the diet at any time irrespective of the age.
Moving on to the recipe of the soup.
- 2 spoon of pearl barley.
- Sliced onion (half bowl)
- Blended spinach (half bowl)
- Little sweet corn.
- One small garlic piece.
- Salt for taste.
- cumin seeds and coriander powder for additional flavor.
Recipe of toddler’s spinach, corn and barley soup:
Prepare the spinach puree:
- Wash and clean fresh spinach leaves under running water.
- Heat a pan, add little butter or ghee and sauté the spinach leaves and garlic for few minutes.
- Transfer both spinach and garlic into a blending jar. Add some water and make a fine paste.
- Keep this aside now for the time being.
Prepare the barley:
- Now, in a bowl soak pearl barley in warm water for about 15 minutes.
- Drain the water used for soaking right before blending the barley.
- Add fresh water and blend barley into fine paste.
- Keep the blended barley aside too. We will use this later.
Prepare the sweet corn:
- In the same pan that is used to sauté spinach, add some more butter.
- Once the butter is hot enough, add cumin seeds and onion pieces.
- Sauté until onion changes color.
- Now add the sweet corn and a little of coriander powder. (Wash the corn seeds before use.)
- Heat again for about 2 minutes.
Combine spinach, barley and corn to make the soup:
- To the pan in which onion and corns have been sautéed , add barley paste and boil.
- Stir continuously without interval.
- Add water if needed to adjust the consistency.
- Boil for at least 15 minutes.
- Once the barley boils completely, add the spinach puree and boil for another 2 minutes.
- Add salt.
This finishes the recipe.
It is a combination of healthy and tasty ingredients.
Cool the soup by pouring into a wide bowl and serve warm.
This has been the latest taste for me and my daughter. Spring is beginning here, but the chillness is still terrible, sinks in badly.
Have you introduced barley to your baby?
You might also like reading these:-