Baked Spinach Dip Recipe
Mothers are usually in huge dilemma when it comes to feeding their kids. They are always happy for junks and chocolates but when it comes to feeding something healthy to them it becomes big time mess.
Most moms are often on a worry boat about how to get new ideas to serve healthy food to kids and make them eat. While we talk about healthy foods, Spinach strikes the mind first. Spinach has almost every nutrient needed for a child’s good growth but serving spinach isn’t any easier.
How about serving spinach as a dip along with snacks? This sounds good enough.
The recipe that I shall share today is not only healthy but yummy too. Read on.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil + for greasing baking dish
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds spinach, cleaned, trimmed, and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 3 dashes soya sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- Salt and ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a pan, heat oil over medium. Add onion and garlic; cook until lightly browned, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add spinach in two portions one by one; allow the first batch of spinach to wilt before adding the second batch. Cook until completely wilted, this will take around 5 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer to a colander, drain, pressing to release all excess liquid.
- In the same pan, warm milk over high heat.
- Whisk in cream cheese until it melts, this will take around about 3 minutes.
- Add spinach, soya sauce and 1/4 cup mozzarella. Stir well to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into a lightly greased 1 1/2-quart shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella.
- Bake for 20 -25 minutes or until it turns bubbly and golden brown.
- Serve hot with accompaniments, as desired. Breadsticks make for a great pair with this spinach dip.
- If you wish to make it spicy, you can try adding three dashes or less of red chili sauce.
- If fresh spinach is not available then you can also try using frozen spinach.
This was all about super easy and yummy spinach dip. You can not only serve it along with snacks but can also serve it as a side dish. I hope you mommies try this out and let us know how you and your kid liked it.