By Heena Singla Gupta
Week by week pregnancy updates – 11 weeks pregnancy symptoms.
Pregnancy and motherhood are universal experiences that are unique to every woman. When you’re pregnant especially if it’s your first baby there’s a lot to learn. So, here we bring to you week by week updates on pregnancy. I will complete 11 weeks today, so I would like all of you to join me in my journey.
It is my 1st pregnancy and honestly it was not planned, it came as a gift to me and my husband, not that we didn’t wanted kids, we were just a bit reluctant like all young couples. But, since the day I came to known I am expecting we both are on cloud 9. Haha.
No, seriously first thing in the morning to goodnight kiss all we talk is about baby. I am sure you all who are expecting or have already experienced this beautiful feeling must have gone through the same and believe me it’s an unexplained amazing rollercoaster feeling.
By 11 weeks, you must have seen the heartbeat of your little one. I saw my peanut’s (lets the name the baby peanut, because when I saw the ultrasound screen it was literally a peanut sized thing inside me) heartbeat at 7 weeks. The doctor there was doing something on the computer, click-click then again click-click (I later came to know she was taking measurements of baby), post 5 minutes I could not wait further and I had to pull the screen towards me to see my baby. That moment I told myself. Congratulations! Welcome to motherhood.
- By 11 weeks peanut is the size of a medium onion.
- Nausea, fatigue and vomits!!! But not all go through this, I have a friend she told me she didn’t had a single vomit in her entire pregnancy and I was like whaaaaaat???
- Constipation and heartburn. All because of acidity.
- Mood swings and irritation. It’s completely normal make sure you explain your partner and family that it’s not your fault at all, blame it to hormones and relax. Whenever you feel something is going wrong explain it to yourself too it will be fine soon.
- Loss of appetite. Now I am kind of girl who used to eat a lot, I have never suffered loss of appetite, I am going through it and its terrible, but the good news is doctor says my appetite will be back by next 2 weeks. Fingers crossed.
- Fluctuation in weight. Some people gain weight but I am losing weight, was worried initially but my doctor said don’t worry its normal.
What to do:
- Walk regularly, minimum 30 mins daily.
- Try and drink as much water as you can.
- Try not to eat outside, I know cravings, but what to do man!
- Drink a glass of milk daily, repeat after me a glass of milk daily!
- 5-7 almonds, you can soak them up in the night.
- Try to incorporate good things in your diet like coconut water, fruits, green veggies.
- If you be a good girl and followed all the steps you can treat yourself with a scoop of your favourite ice cream. Yayy! ( this is how my husband bribes me :-p)
Your baby is busy kicking and stretching, and her tiny movements are so effortless. These movements will become more frequent as her body grows and become more functional and developed. You won’t yet feel any movements for another month or two, nor will you notice the hiccupping that may be happening now that her diaphragm is in making.
Enjoy each and every second of your pregnancy. Until next time. Will keep you posted about my peanut and please comment down about your baby experience.
Will see you next week. Happy motherhood!